Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Things....

I would rather be interesting than perfect.  If you happen to fail to be interesting one day, people understand.  "He'll be interesting tomorrow."  But if you fail to be perfect, it's all over.

I'm still learning about....well damn, just about everything.  In particular, sharing all my stupid thoughts/experiences/feelings/etc with a bunch of people I don't know....i.e. blogging.  I stumbled across another nice one today (and even became a "follower"...never was much of a leader) and she had a post listing a bunch of things.  So I'm stealing the idea.  Hope she doesn't mind.

Things I am
...moody
...creative
...logical
...open
...trusting

Things I am not
...responsible
...wise
...buff
...rich
...ugly

Things I love
...my kids
...my family
...my friends
...music
...learning about myself

Things I do not love
...learning bad things about myself
...going to the dentist
...rude people
...loneliness
...people who seem to WANT to be victims

Things I like to eat
...cheeseburgers
...pizza
...Popeye's fried chicken
...salad w/ ranch dressing
...honey roasted peanuts

Things I do not like to eat
...broccoli
...sushi
...pecan pie
...sweet potatoes (whoever named those was evil)
...cake

Things I have
...amazing boys
...a good sense of humor...even if it's a bit warped
...a LOT of baseball cards
...a beat up pickup truck I've grown to love
...coffee running through my veins instead of blood.  At least I suspect that's true.

Things I still want
...my own place
...someone special
...peace
...a group of very close friends
...wisdom

Things I want to do tomorrow
...start putting together an outline for History of Calculus
...watch America's Got Talents results
...listen to music
...NOT eat frozen pizza
...go for a run

Things I want to do in a year
...move out
...publish another paper
...find peace with who I am and where I am in life
...make some new friends
...run another 10k

Things I wished for and received
...happiness
...a good job
...great sons
...an end to misery
...health

Things I keep wishing for
...patience
...love
...perspective
...a new car
...serenity

I'd love to hear some of yours!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't mind at all- I was so flattered and thrilled that you enjoyed reading my blog and I loved reading all of the things about you (except that you don't like cake. You don't like CAKE???? But it's DELICIOUS!!). Looking forward to reading more! Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I loved it! I'm not sure I'm gonna keep this blogging thing up, I don't know if I can manage the whole sharing-everything-with-the-world thing. We'll see. :)

    And pie is where it's at, man. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How To Make Money On Sports Betting
    Online sports betting is available for a whole host of US and European sports betting ventureberg.com/ markets. Some US states, like Louisiana and www.jtmhub.com New gri-go.com Jersey, allow หารายได้เสริม

    ReplyDelete